Below is a list of Free and open source office software as the best alternate to Microsoft Office.
- OpenOffice :- The name of Open office comes very first after the name of Microsoft office. This is a product of Sun Microsystems, Inc USA. This software is a part of all Linux based systems. Doesn’t worry it is also compatible with windows and easily useable as we use word process, spread sheet, data base and presentation. It gives us a freedom of using Microsoft Office files means it easily supports the files created in MS Office
- Google Docs: - Awesome product from the giving pockets of Google and one the most used online applications on web. If you are a user of Gmail then you have to take a chance to use Google Documents as its free and online you can take your documents everywhere with you. Same like other famous office suits it includes Web Processor, Presentation and Spreadsheet and also a mobile version of with multi-lingual.
- Zoho :- Web based document processor and file sharing system. Zoho has a great productivity of word processor, spreadsheet and presentation apps, but also includes online project management. But with a limited space of 1GB above this you have to pay.
- StarOffice :- StarOffice first comes with the bundled software of Google Pack that is totally free of cost. But Now Google Removed it from their free software list. Latest Version of StarOffice 9.1 is Available on their site. It is paid software but not too much like MS office.
- Thinkfree – :- As from the name it is cleared that this is another free application. ThinkFree Office and online applications in which we need not to install any software just upload your document and see it online. Thinkfree also has advanced collaboration features such that users can share, edit, and contribute their ideas remotely.
- Lotus Symphony:- Lotus Symphony was an integrated software package for creating and editing text, spreadsheets, charts and other documents on DOS operating systems. This Awesome product comes from the pocket of IBM. The package is completely free and includes the necessary features of an office suite. But not many are aware of this software